Thursday, March 27, 2014

First Post

I know first posts aren't very exciting, so bear with me.

I am primarily a thinker.  It doesn't mean I'm smart.  In fact, some of you might think I'm dumber than a doornail after reading what I post.  But I have many thoughts go through my head, especially in the area of Theology.  This blog will reflect that.

Over the past few years I've been thinking and rethinking matters of faith and life, and I find many current theological battles to be stifling and unthoughtful.  I read blog posts from many Christians that, frankly, almost make me lose my lunch, especially from those who seem to think that the Christian Church can only exist in a Christianized or revivalist culture.  This kind of thinking comes from both the right and left wings of Christianity.

I want to chart a course through the murkiness of this theological wasteland to hopefully discover a way of being Christian that is fresh and mindfully renewing.  I will be very critical of the state of fundamentalist and liberal Christian theologies that seem to get most of the attention from popular media.  It appears that most people love a good fight and want to step into the fray to fight and overpower the opposite side.  If you are one of such people, you will not like this blog.  But I would invite you to step back from staring at your own feet and take a look at the wider landscape and see the mess you are creating.  I hope that a desire will be created within you to seek higher vistas where the vision is clearer.

Too many bloggers in the world of Theology, like their secular counterparts, participate in game which I can only describe by the word "Gotcha!".  They pride themselves in exposing the antics and doings of enemies, real or perceived, thinking that will somehow vindicate (or at least bolster) their own position.  Just because you can poke holes doesn't mean that you are watertight.

Welcome to my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the theological blogosphere! I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete